If I could, I would eat Amy's frozen meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. All day, everyday. This recipe is inspired by one of my favorites, Tortilla Casserole and Black Beans Bowl.
Baked Tofu Tortilla Casserole
1 medium yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 4 oz. can green chilies
1 package extra firm tofu, pressed
1/2 tbsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground pepper
3/4 cup vegetable broth
1 cup salsa
1 bag of torilla chips (You won't use the whole bag.)
2 cups shredded mexican cheese
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
1. Saute onions until translucent, about 3-5 minutes, over medium-low heat. Add the minced garlic and green chilies, and cook an additional 2 minutes.
2. Tear the pressed tofu with your finger and crumble into the pan with the onion mixture. Add the salt, cumin, and chili powder. Gently stir and cook an additional 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, and tofu mixure. Add the eggs and blend well. Set aside.
4. In a saucepan, combine the vegetable broth and salsa. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Spray the bottom of a 9" x 9" casserole dish with nonstick spray/Misto. Spread a single layer of tortilla chips. Next, spread one third of the tofu mixure over the chips, top with one third of the cheese. Repeat layers 2x, but before adding the last layer of cheese, pour the broth and salsa mixture over the casserole, then top with remaining cheese.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Serve with salsa, avocado, sour cream, and/or cilantro!